Paints and Coatings
- Click to view the Paints and Coatings standard (PCv2.2ii-2012)
- Status: Current
- Issue Date: Dec. 3, 2013
- Green Star Applicable
This standard covers water based architectural paints (both interior and exterior), student and artists paints, and other water based coatings.
GECA Certified paints meet the requirements of the VOC credit under indoor environment quality, as part of Green Star.
GECA’s Paints and Coatings standard includes criteria that address:
- Fitness for purpose
- Volatile organic compound (VOC) content
- The use of energy intensive ingredients
- Ozone depleting substances
- The use of toxic ingredients
- Heavy metals, like cobalt or chromium
- The use of ingredients toxic to humans or aquatic life
- Waste minimisation