Why Certify with GECA
As Australia’s leading product certifier, GECA works with businesses to reward sustainability leadership.
GECA’s ecolabel on your products and services will provide scientific proof that they are better for the environment.
Why certify with GECA?
- GECA provides a competitive edge: The GECA ecolabel on your products and services indicates a ‘Good Environmental Choice’ to your customers and can open you up to new markets.
- The GECA ecolabel is world-class proof of your best practice: Our standards are in line with ISO 14024 principles for global best practice in ecolabelling. They are internationally recognised and respected.
- You can rest assured with reduced risk: GECA certification is trusted, rigorous and relevant. Verifying your environmental performance claims will help you avoid ‘greenwash’.
Key benefits to licensees
The GECA ecolabel gives you:
- Recognition by procurement, sustainability, government and building industry professionals
- Credibility: GECA is not-for-profit. With no vested interests, we focus on providing you with rigorous standards and a transparent program.
- Trust: our certification is delivered to internationally recognised scientific criteria for best practice in environmental performance
- Support: access to resources developed for sales force
- Differentiation: GECA’s ecolabel on your products makes it easy for customers to choose products that are environmentally preferable
- Leverage for your products and profile through promotions with GECA
- Risk management: third party assurance of your environmental claims helps you avoid ‘greenwash’
GECA Green Star benefits to licensees
Get GECA certified and your products will gain:
- leverage and market share in the growing green building industry
- ready access to Green Star points for your clients
- speedy recognition by the GBCA for specification into Green Star projects
- a place on specifiers' lists